Sunday 9/24, 5:30-8:30pm
Join Erin Eggenberg of Wrenbird Arts for a 3-hour workshop where you’ll learn beautiful techniques useful for knitted textiles. More than just a practical way to repair that hole in your favorite sweater or worn spot in your socks, visible darning is a fun and functional way to mend socks, sweaters and other knitted garments that have worn thin, worn through, or fallen prey to the dreaded closet moth.This workshop includes a discussion on choosing materials and their use, a hands-on tutorial practicing 3 ways to darn knits, and a demonstration on how to choose a particular darning technique.
There will be plenty of time for questions and to assess each participant’s project, so bring your questions and a garment that you’d like to practice on! This hands-on, experiential workshop is a great class for beginners and those with an interest in using darning as both functional technique and creative expression.
- Bring an item you would like to repair and your questions
- Darning supplies will be provided.
- Complimentary sips and sweets served.
- Limited tickets/space is available.
- Class will take place in our store space after hours. It is a 3 hour class.
$85 per person.